SyrSpend™ SF is an innovative vehicle range for preparing oral liquid dosage forms. Based on food starch, SyrSpend™ SF’s superior suspending properties provide consistent, individual dosing throughout treatment. The excellent compatibility with a broad range of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and meticulous ingredient choice make SyrSpend™ SF suitable for preparing safe and stable customised medication for many patients groups.
The SyrSpend™ SF range consists of a ready-to-use liquid vehicle and an alkaline suspending vehicle for acid-unstable APIs.
Benefits of SyrSpend™ SF
- Innovative and highly stable suspensions based on modified food starch
- Formulated using safe and well-tolerated ingredients
- Optimal palatability and taste-masking properties for improved compliance
- Gastrointestinal friendly (osmolality <50 mOsmol/kg)
- Compatibility with a broad range of APIs
- API stability supported by peer-reviewed scientific articles
- Compatible with all enteral feeding tubes
- Convenient vehicles for safe, efficient and high-quality compounding
An overview of all published stability studies can be found here.
Active Suspending Technology
SyrSpend™ SF employs active suspending technology, which ensures high dosing accuracy and consistency throughout treatment:
- Low viscosity when shaken eases rehomogenisation
- High viscosity at reast keeps the drug particles safely suspended
Time-lapse video of SyrSpend™ SF vs traditional suspending vehicle >>